Aerobics Instructor, Fitness Instructor, Fitness Specialist, Fitness Technician, Fitness Trainer, Group Exercise Instructor, Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer, Private Trainer, Yoga Instructor
Instruct or coach groups or individuals in exercise activities for the primary purpose of personal fitness. Demonstrate techniques and form, observe participants, and explain to them corrective measures necessary to improve their skills. Develop and implement individualized approaches to exercise.
- Observe participants and inform them of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement.
- Evaluate individuals' abilities, needs, and physical conditions, and develop suitable training programs to meet any special requirements.
- Plan routines, choose appropriate music, and choose different movements for each set of muscles, depending on participants' capabilities and limitations.
- Offer alternatives during classes to accommodate different levels of fitness.
- Teach proper breathing techniques used during physical exertion.
- Accounting software — Intuit QuickBooks Hot technology; MYOB BusinessEssentials; Sage 50 Accounting; Sage Simply Accounting
- Calendar and scheduling software — Appointment scheduling software; DaySmart Software Appointment-Plus
- Data base user interface and query software — BioEx Systems Exercise Expert; DietMaster Systems DietMaster; ICTraining
- Instant messaging software — Blink
- Project management software — BioEx Systems Fitness Maker; Online River Software Personal Trainer Pro