Aerobics Instructor, Fitness Instructor, Fitness Specialist, Fitness Technician, Fitness Trainer, Group Exercise Instructor, Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer, Private Trainer, Yoga Instructor
Pilates instructors are exercise professionals who teach and coach groups or individuals who are enrolled in the fitness program referred to as pilates. These instructors must assist their students in using pilates exercises to promote overall health by improving muscle tone and achieving better posture.
- Observe participants and inform them of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement.
- Evaluate individuals' abilities, needs, and physical conditions, and develop suitable training programs to meet any special requirements.
- Plan routines, choose appropriate music, and choose different movements for each set of muscles, depending on participants' capabilities and limitations.
- Offer alternatives during classes to accommodate different levels of fitness.
- Teach proper breathing techniques used during physical exertion.
- Accounting software — Intuit QuickBooks Hot technology; MYOB BusinessEssentials; Sage 50 Accounting; Sage Simply Accounting
- Calendar and scheduling software — Appointment scheduling software; DaySmart Software Appointment-Plus
- Data base user interface and query software — BioEx Systems Exercise Expert; DietMaster Systems DietMaster; ICTraining
- Instant messaging software — Blink
- Project management software — BioEx Systems Fitness Maker; Online River Software Personal Trainer Pro