Designer, Display Coordinator, Exhibit Coordinator, Exhibit Designer, Exhibit Preparator, Historical Society Window Dresser, Installations Designer, Projection Designer, Scenic Designer, Set Designer
Design special exhibits and sets for film, video, television, and theater productions. May study scripts, confer with directors and conduct research to determine appropriate architectural styles.
- Develop set designs, based on evaluation of scripts, budgets, research information, and available locations.
- Prepare rough drafts and scale working drawings of sets, including floor plans, scenery, and properties to be constructed.
- Prepare preliminary renderings of proposed exhibits, including detailed construction, layout, material specifications, and diagrams relating to aspects such as special effects or lighting.
- Read scripts to determine location, set, and design requirements.
- Submit plans for approval, and adapt plans to serve intended purposes, or to conform to budget or fabrication restrictions.
- Computer-aided design CAD software Hot technology — Autodesk AutoCAD Hot technology; Autodesk Revit Hot technology; Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Hot technology; Trimble SketchUp Pro Hot technology
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator Hot technology; Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop Hot technology; Autodesk Maya; Graphics software
- Object or component-oriented development software — C# Hot technology; C++ Hot technology; Oracle Java Hot technology; Python Hot technology
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint Hot technology
- Video creation and editing software — Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects Hot technology; Adobe Systems Adobe Director; Autodesk 3ds Max; Figure 53 QLab