Certified Shorthand Reporter (CSR), Court Monitor, Court Recording Monitor, Court Reporter, Court Stenographer, Deposition Reporter, Digital Court Reporter, Official Court Reporter, Realtime Court Reporter, Stenographer
Use verbatim methods and equipment to capture, store, retrieve, and transcribe pretrial and trial proceedings or other information. Includes steno captioners who operate computerized stenographic captioning equipment to provide captions of live or prerecorded broadcasts for hearing-impaired viewers.
- Record verbatim proceedings of courts, legislative assemblies, committee meetings, and other proceedings, using computerized recording equipment, electronic stenograph machines, or steno masks.
- Proofread transcripts for the correct spelling of words.
- Ask speakers to clarify inaudible statements.
- Provide transcripts of proceedings upon request of judges, lawyers, or the public.
- Transcribe recorded proceedings in accordance with established formats.
- Data base user interface and query software — Acclaim Legal Acclaim DepoManage; Chase Software Solutions Court Reporting Software; Courtpages; OMTI ReporterBase
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software Hot technology — Acculaw Court Reporters Billing Scheduling Job Management System ABSMS; ReporterWorks
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel Hot technology
- Voice recognition software — Courtroom Data Solutions Techlennium; Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- Word processing software — Advantage Software Total Eclipse; AudioScribe SpeechCAT; Microsoft Word Hot technology; VocEdit